RE: refresh LOCK for multiple locks

From: Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 14:35:56 -0800 (PST)
To: ccjason@us.ibm.com
cc: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
> > So do we need to define server behavior if more than one lock is
> specified
> > in the If header?
>
> > fyi: mod_dav refreshes all of them.
>
> Interesting.  And what type of body do you use for success?  Do you only
> support
> it if the locks are on the same resource?
>
> And how do you respond if some of the refreshes failed?

We return a DAV:lockdiscovery element (as defined) which contains multiple
DAV:activelock elements (as defined).

We refresh any locks that are extent on that resource and that we find in
the If: header. In other words, we'll refresh direct locks and those
inherited from Depth:infinity locks further up in the namespace.

On error, we return a single status code (not a multistatus). That's
because a refresh is not being applied to multiple resources -- just
multiple locks on *one* resource.

Cheers,
-g

--