Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-webdav-propfind-space-00.txt

Greg Stein wrote:

> Just a few comments:
>
> * rather than specifying the uri as an XML attribute, shouldn't it be
> part of the elem contents? [I think I saw an argument somehwere (by
> Yaron?) that stated is was "best form" to avoid attributes that are
> specifiers, rather than modifiers]

Mmm...yes, OK, that makes sense.  Do you think <DAV:namespace> should contain the URI directly, or
contain <DAV:href>? The former reduces bandwidth & complexity by a tiny amount; the latter leverages the
existing definitions better.

> * do you want to explicitly state that <DAV:namespaces> can only appear
> as a child of <DAV:allprop> and <DAV:propname> ?

Yes, that makes sense.  Here's my new text:

     Purpose: The namespaces XML element introduces a set of namespace elements (below).
     applies only to properties belonging to the namespaces listed in the enclosed namespace
     elements.

> * your sample request in 5.2 has the propname/propfind end-elements
> swapped.

Whoops, so it does.  Fixed.

--
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.|