Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-webdav-propfind-space-00.txt

From: Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 16:47:45 -0700
To: francis@ecal.com
CC: dav <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
Internet-Drafts@ietf.org wrote:

> This draft is a work item of the WWW Distributed Authoring and Versioning Working Group of the IETF.
>
>         Title           : WebDAV PROPFIND Extension To List Specified Namespaces
>         Author(s)       : J. Stracke
>         Filename        : draft-ietf-webdav-propfind-space-00.txt
>         Pages           : 6
>         Date            : 16-Sep-99
>
> This document specifies an extension to the [WEBDAV] PROPFIND method
> to permit a WebDAV client to request all properties which belong to a
> specified namespace or namespaces.

This is quite cool, and mod_dav could easily support something like
this.

Just a few comments:

* rather than specifying the uri as an XML attribute, shouldn't it be
part of the elem contents? [I think I saw an argument somehwere (by
Yaron?) that stated is was "best form" to avoid attributes that are
specifiers, rather than modifiers]

* do you want to explicitly state that <DAV:namespaces> can only appear
as a child of <DAV:allprop> and <DAV:propname> ?

* your sample request in 5.2 has the propname/propfind end-elements
swapped.

Cheers,
-g

--