Re: BIND Error Codes

From: Geoffrey M. Clemm <gclemm@tantalum.atria.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 08:44:58 -0400
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
I also prefer the explanatory XML body approach.

   From: "Yaron Goland (Exchange)" <yarong@Exchange.Microsoft.com>

   Adding yet another error code for this is probably a waste. I think 501 is
   the right code but you should add an XML body with an element indicating
   what went wrong. You could use a header but the error status is something
   (as you are now finding) that people will want to be able to expand in the
   future. XML is expandable, headers are not.