Re: Delta-V working group

From: Geoffrey M. Clemm <gclemm@tantalum.atria.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 00:13:14 -0400
To: moore@cs.utk.edu
Cc: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org, ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org

Dear Keith,

I believe that the creation of a DeltaV IETF working group would be
both the optimal way to extend WebDAV with the versioning support
needed for distributed authoring, as well as provide a mechanism
for attracting key technical expertise into the IETF (e.g. software
configuration management) that I believe will be beneficial for
other ongoing IETF efforts.

I further believe that the Minneapolis and Orlando conferences
are a more accurate reflection than Oslo of the interest of IETF
participants in versioning, and of the effectiveness of doing
the versioning work in the IETF.

Cordially,
Geoff Clemm

--
Geoffrey M. Clemm
Chief Engineer, Configuration Management Business Unit