Re: Delta-V working group

From: Geoffrey M. Clemm <gclemm@tantalum.atria.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 00:13:14 -0400
To: moore@cs.utk.edu
Cc: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org, ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org

Dear Keith,

I believe that the creation of a DeltaV IETF working group would be
both the optimal way to extend WebDAV with the versioning support
needed for distributed authoring, as well as provide a mechanism
for attracting key technical expertise into the IETF (e.g. software
configuration management) that I believe will be beneficial for
other ongoing IETF efforts.

I further believe that the Minneapolis and Orlando conferences
are a more accurate reflection than Oslo of the interest of IETF
participants in versioning, and of the effectiveness of doing
the versioning work in the IETF.

Geoff Clemm

Geoffrey M. Clemm
Chief Engineer, Configuration Management Business Unit
Rational Software Corporation
(781) 676-2684   geoffrey.clemm@rational.com   http://www.rational.com