Delta-V working group

From: Dirckze, Ravi <Ravi.Dirckze@unisys.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 13:29:42 -0500
To: moore@cs.utk.edu
Cc: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Dear Keith

Just a short note about your concerns on the Delta-V working group. First, a
bit of background. I work for the Advanced Object Technology group at Unisys
Corporation. We are relatively new to the WebDAV group and our participation
has been limited thus far. We have mainly been studying the concept - i.e.,
DAV - and evaluating the WebDAV protocol. We feel that the current WebDAV
protocol is a great design. Unisys intends to support WebDAV in future
releases of its OMG MOF and XMI based repository products and we believe
WebDAV work should proceed and is important to Unisys customers.

We also feel that the Delta-V versioning draft is a solid foundation upon
which to build the "V" component of the protocol. We plan to get more
closely involved in the Delta-V working group and would like to see Delta-V
get the opportunity to complete it's work.

Regards,

Ravi Dirckze
Ravi.Dirckze@Unisys.com
(949) 380-4907