Re: IE5 Interoperability with my WebDAV server...

Imran Khan wrote:
> But right after this my guess is IE thinks I am a frontpage server
> instead of WebDAV Server and sends the following request:
> "GET /_vti_inf.html HTTP/1.1", and after that POST something and so on.
>
> How do I workaround this, should I be sending redirector or something.
> Any help would be deeply appreciated.

IE5 trys FrontPage first, then falls back to DAV. Just return 404 for
the GET /_vti_inf.html. IE will follow that up with a POST
/_vti_bin/shtml.exe/_vti_rpc, which you should also return 404 on.

In other words, don't do anything special, but let your standard
GET/POST processing handle the failure. IE5 will do another OPTIONS,
followed by a PROPFIND, right after those two (failed) requests.

What surprises me is why you haven't seen the PROPFIND already. How is
your server built, such that you didn't return 404 for the GET/POST? Can
you tell us a bit more about your server?

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/