Must PROPPATCH operation be atomic...

From: Imran Khan <imrank123@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 15:26:23 -0800 (PST)
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Cc: imrank123@yahoo.com
I am implementing WebDAV server but I feel I might be hitting in a
brick wall. I was wondering if PROPPATCH command enforces atomicity?
Atleast according to the WebDAV draft it says that either all the
set/remove operations pass or they all fail which means rolling back.
Can't I do "besteffort" vs. "atomic" in case of PROPPATCH? Because in
my application scenario I am trying to replace the current protocol
that allows besteffort as well as atomic flexibility.

Any response would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-Imran