Re: Dublin Core in WebDAV, revisited

Jim Whitehead wrote:

> Thanks for taking the lead on this John! Please go ahead and submit this
> draft, but after internally renaming it to draft-ietf-webdav-dublin-core-01
> (the only other revision the IETF knows about is the -00 one).

I was planning to ask them to let me call it -02, to avoid confusion with the
unofficial -01.  (In retrospect, I obviously shouldn't have released the -01
without submitting it; but it's too late now.)

I'll probably mail in two files with different numbers, so they can pick
easily.

> After quickly reading through the document, it seems to me that most of the
> pieces are in place, but I'd still like to see:
>
> * A complete list of the names of the WebDAV properties that correspond to
> each RDF element.  I think this is as easy as creating a table similar to
> that in Section 5 of
> http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/metadata/resources/dc/datamodel/WD-dc-rdf/  I know
> and you know they're going to be the same, as the element name, but I still
> think it makes sense to spell this out.

I'll take a look.  Unfortunately, doing a table may be hard, because I'm using
a hand-rolled XML-to-text converter (with custom tags designed for the kinds of
things that are needed in Drafts), and I don't have anything like <table>.  I
might cheat and create a <pre> tag, though.  :-)

> * I'd feel much happier seeing a complete, non-trivial example done out.

OK, sounds good.

> * I think you should bring in the RFC 2119 terms and then use them to be
> more precise in some of the restrictions.

Right, OK.

> This is a nice draft!

Thanks.  :-)

--
|John Stracke    | My opinions are my own | S/MIME & HTML OK  |