Re: use of attribute to qualify property value

From: John Stracke <francis@ecal.com>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 13:42:37 +0000
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org, WebDAV WG <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
Yaron Goland wrote:

> Modeling history as a resource actually sounds like a good idea for the very
> reason that you want to see history in a bunch of different ways. You can
> use the content-negotiation features of HTTP to specify to the history
> resource exactly how you would like to view it.

Puzzlement: why would you want to do content negotiation on version history?
It's just data; how it gets viewed is up to the user agent.

|John Stracke    | My opinions are my own | S/MIME & HTML OK  |
|Chief Scientist | NT's lack of reliability is only surpassed |
|eCal Corp.      |  by its lack of scalability. -- John Kirch |