Re: DELETE Semantics in Advanced Collections

From: John Stracke <francis@ecal.com>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 13:40:27 +0000
To: "'WebDAV'" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
"Slein, Judith A" wrote:

> URL Mapping
>      An association between an absolute URL or URI and a resource. It
>      is possible for a resource to have zero, one, many, or even an
>      infinite number of URL mappings to URLs or URIs.

Interesting epistemological point (which, like most epistemological points, is
an irrelevancy not meant to sway the discussion one way or another): if it has
zero URL mappings, is it a resource? A resource is something that responds to
methods; if there are no URLs for it, it can't receive any methods, so you
can't tell whether it would respond to them or not.  :-)

--
|John Stracke    | My opinions are my own | S/MIME & HTML OK  |