RE: Version issues

I would like to see the levels split even more than that. I believe that
some of the configuration management functionality can be considered
"minimal" in order to be useful and the rest should be optional.

Has this forum had a detailed discussion on the levels of the versioning
protocol? If not I think the time has come.

Cheers
Dylan

On Tuesday, February 23, 1999 5:48 PM, Slein, Judith A
[SMTP:JSlein@crt.xerox.com] wrote:
> I'd like to weigh in with Bruce for keeping Level 1 as simple as
possible.
> Xerox has several products that do linear versioning only, and versioning
of
> individual resources only, and have no use for workspaces that I can see.
> The client always gets the tip revision unless it requests a particular
> revision by id.  (There's no notion of a label that a client could
assign.)
> We'd like them to use WebDAV versioning, but it will be a hard sell if
Level