RE: Version issues

From: Jim Whitehead <ejw@ics.uci.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 09:25:52 -0700
To: dbarrell@opentext.com, "'Slein, Judith A'" <JSlein@crt.xerox.com>, "'Bruce Cragun'" <BCragun.ORM2-1.OREM2@gw.novell.com>, jamsden@us.ibm.com
Cc: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org, "Falkenhainer, Brian" <Brian.Falkenhainer@usa.xerox.com>, "Garnaat, Mitchell" <MGarnaat@crt.xerox.com>, Versioning <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>
Hi Dylan,

There has been some discussion of versioning levels on the versioning
discussion list, ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org (send message "subscribe" to
ietf-dav-versioning-request@w3.org to join this list).  The messages have
the not particularly helpful subject line "Version issues", but begin in the
archives at:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-dav-versioning/1999AprJun/0000.html

Your message quotes some, but not all of the messages in this thread.

> I would like to see the levels split even more than that. I believe that
> some of the configuration management functionality can be considered
> "minimal" in order to be useful and the rest should be optional.

I'm going to recommend we take this discussion to the versioning discussion
list, and I'll post my reply to this there.

- Jim