Re: Must PROPPATCH operation be atomic...

Yaron Goland wrote:
> As for why we have the atomicity requirement please refer to the section
> entitled "<"This is another fine protocol you've gotten me into!">" in
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/1998OctDec/0303.html. I
> believe the second paragraph exactly answers your question. Although it
> seems that my comment regarding compliance with the atomicity requirement is
> wrong. Most folks apparently have implemented it. I think that rocks! I will
> eventually have to update the WebDAV book of why to reflect this.

mod_dav is going to have it RSN, too. Unfortunately, it is a bit
tougher... I don't have a nice transactional DB or an easy language such
as Python :-( ... (interesting note: both PyDAV and Zope are written
using Python(!)). Anyways, the work was started in 0.9.8 and rollback
should be implemented in mod_dav 0.9.9.

Cheers,
-g

--