RE: Web Folders interoperability with Authentication?

From: Max Rible <max@glyphica.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 16:56:13 -0700
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
At 15:24 4/6/99 -0700, Yaron Goland wrote:
>Unless I'm misreading the BNF, your WWW-Authenticate header is incorrectly
>formatted. There must be a "," between the Basic and Digest challenges.

Hmmm...  I must've mistaken a # for a * there...  and, for that matter,
on the other tokens for Digest auth.  The Digest authentication
code in JDK 1.2 doesn't seem to mind the lack of such things, hence
I didn't notice that earlier.  Thanks.

With the commas added, the Web Folders client does seem to speak
Digest.

--
%% Max Rible %% max@glyphica.com %% http://www.amurgsval.org/~slothman/ %%
%% "Before enlightenment:  sharpen claws, catch mice.                   %%