Re: initial results of interoperability testing with CyberTeams WebDAV server.

At 3:54 PM -0800 on 12/30/98, Jim Davis wrote:

> 1. The PROPFIND response seems odd in a few ways.
>
>  1. creationdate is wrong.

Fixed.

>  2. In my opinion, it would be better to omit displayname altogether
>  than to return "(null)", but this is just opinion, not an error.

Fixed.

>  3. getcontenttype is (probably) wrong.  I think (but am not certain)
>  that 'httpd/unix-directory' is a not registered MIME type.

Gotten fro Apache mime finction. I'll need to look into it. I don't want to
have to duplicate that code.

>  4. 'FileSize' is missing a namespace.  Not stricly speaking an error,
>  but it's weird.  Also I don't see the namespace prefix W used
>  anywhere.  Perhaps it should have been used here?

Typo when I changed from the old to new namespace format.

> 2. I tried PROPFIND for a non-existant resource (/jrd/), and got:

Fixed.

> 3. MKCOL on a resource whose parent does not exist, e.g.
>  MKCOL fish/Nixon/sneakers
>
>  returned no error, but should have failed, as the parents don't exist.

Had to override Apaches normal URI to filename translation to fix this. Done.

> 4. Although PROPFIND with no method body works, I could not get it to
> work with a non-null method body, e.g.

Still working on this. It was working before the namespace changes.
Probably not till Monday.

> 5. Deleting a non-existant resource returned a response body with
> invalid XML:

Fixed.

> 6. I think the server is handling XML namespace attributes
> incorrectly. The URL in the attribute is missing the final colon,
> e.g. it's <D:multistatus xmlns:D="DAV"  >
>
> but should be <D:multistatus xmlns:D="DAV:"  >

Corrected.

> 7. I tried to PUT /foo.html
> and got back a 412 precondition failed, yet the data was written
> anyway (as confirmed by a subsequent GET)

Fixed.

--
Dana Carson
dcarson@cyberteams.com           http://www.cyberteams.com/