Re: RDF for versioning

From: John Stracke <francis@netscape.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 10:11:30 -0700
To: WebDAV WG <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
John Stracke wrote:

> At the versioning design team meeting last week [...] a
> few people expressed the opinion that RDF seemed to be dying
> on the vine, ignored by the W3C and abandoned by Netscape.

Several people have asked me about this.  For the record: I am *not*
saying that I thought we were ignoring it; this is what some people at
the meeting thought, and I didn't know enough to contradict them
offhand.  I think people got that impression because Netscape issued a
press release when we first submitted RDF, and hasn't issued much since
then--the work is going on quietly.

|John (Francis) Stracke    |My opinions are my own.|S/MIME supported |
|Software Retrophrenologist|=========================================|
|Netscape Comm. Corp.      | I am destined to build a bridge to      |
|francis@netscape.com      |  China out of live sheep.               |