Re: Optional Backpointers from Targets to References

From: John Stracke <francis@netscape.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 13:37:05 -0700
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Jim Amsden wrote:

> But client applications relying on the option won't interoperate with servers
> that don't support it, so there isn't interoperability across WebDAV servers. I
> suggest a better solution is for those servers built on repository managers
> that can or need to support backpointers likely have specific client
> applications that choose to use them.

Choke.  And what happens when one of these clients tries to coexist with a client
that doesn't support backpointers?

|John (Francis) Stracke    |My opinions are my own.|S/MIME supported |
|Software Retrophrenologist|=========================================|
|Netscape Comm. Corp.      |There are footprints on the moon.  No    |
|francis@netscape.com      | feet, just footprints.                  |
New area code for work number: 650