Re: Optional Backpointers from Targets to References

From: John Stracke <francis@netscape.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 16:27:43 -0700
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Jim Amsden wrote:

> This will require ACLs on individual properties,

Nope.  The backpointer update doesn't have to pass through the same code path as
PROPPATCH; it can call directly into the code that PROPPATCH calls, but bypass the
ACL check.

>> I don't believe that has to be a problem.  The ACLs can be set up so that they
>> specifically permit the backpointer property to be updated by the server.

|John (Francis) Stracke    |My opinions are my own.|S/MIME supported |
|Software Retrophrenologist|=========================================|
|Netscape Comm. Corp.      |The good are innocent and create justice.|
|francis@netscape.com      |The bad are guilty, and invent mercy.    |
New area code for work number: 650