Re: Optional Backpointers from Targets to References

From: Jim Amsden <jamsden@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 19:20:30 -0400
To: <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
This will require ACLs on individual properties, something many servers may not
do as it presents a significant administration burden compared to simple CRUD
ACLs. ACLs for every user, on every resource, for each resource property, for
every WebDAV method is not tractable. We are rapidly reaching a scaleability
problem.

w3c-dist-auth-request@w3.org on 09/15/98 05:51:01 PM
Please respond to w3c-dist-auth-request@w3.org