Re: Deletes and Constraints

From: Jim Amsden <jamsden@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 10:26:30 -0400
To: <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
Why not just lock the resource and overwrite it contents?

w3c-dist-auth-request@w3.org on 07/27/98 09:08:24 AM
Please respond to w3c-dist-auth-request@w3.org
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
cc:
Subject: Deletes and Constraints

Hope this hasn't been asked/answered already, but...
Let's say I want to delete an object, but I also want/need to create a new one
to replace the deleted one.  Due to some constraints in the system the delete
and the create must be done within the same transaction - is there anyway to
do this with the current level of support in WebDAV?  It would seem like the
need for a multi-part request should be fairly common.
-Dug