RE: Additional WebDAV Requirements?

The DAV standard provides that anyone may be allowed to discover the lock
token associated with a lock, there is no required security in regards to
the lock token. The security comes in terms of authentication. So I can
discover your lock token and request your lock be removed. However if my
access level on the server isn't sufficient to authorized me to remove your
lock then my request will fail. Thus, using the current WebDAV standard, an
administrator can go in, discover any lock token and request that the lock
be unlocked.

In addition the DAV ACL effort (there are two IDs out, one for requirements
and another for protocol) is defining how you can actually set those ACLs in
the first place. Today you must have an out of band mechanism to actually
set the ACL that made you into an administrator.

		Yaron