RE: Requirements for Collections

From: Wesley Felter <wesley@scripting.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 15:45:07 -0600
To: <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
I'm new to this list and to WEBDAV in general, so forgive me if this is a popular question but I didn't see a good answer on the Web site.

What is the purpose of members-by-reference for collections? In the common case (files or some other hierarchially structured set of data), collections only have internal members. Can someone give a concrete example of a situation that uses members-by-reference?

Wesley Felter - wesley@scripting.com