Re: Namespaces [was: WG Last Call: One week left]

At 6:31 PM -0400 2/4/98, Jim Whitehead wrote:
>David,
>
>Thank you for voicing your concern about XML namespaces.
>
>I'd like to assure you that the WebDAV Design Team is working hard on this
>issue, and we are not taking your concerns lightly.  Since you well know
>this is a complex issue, I hope you will permit us a few days to develop a
>coherent approach towards these issues for the DA specification.

Sorry if my mail was a bit blunt. I'm not trying to be cranky..

> Since
>this is an open discussion forum, and since no specification can proceed
>from this working group without the rough consensus of the WG members, you
>will definitely have to opportunity to comment on any approach the Design
>Team proposes, and in fact, I look forward to your insightful feedback.

The only thing that was worrying me was the "last call" message in
conjunction with the relatively light on-list discussion of this issue. I
just wanted to make sure that the public discussion represented a viewpoint
I think important.

As long as the issue is under consideration, and an alternative and/or
rationale will be presented here for discussion, I'm happy.

 -- David