New UUIDS and GUIDS draft

From: Jim Whitehead <ejw@ics.uci.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 10:59:04 -0800
To: "'WEBDAV WG'" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
A new revision of the document, "UUIDS and GUIDS," authored by Paul Leach
and Rich Salz, has been submitted to the Internet-Drafts directory.  This
document describes the format and generation algorithm for UUIDs.

For us, this document is relevant because the Distributed Authoring
protocol uses UUIDs for lock tokens.

Due to the maturity of this document, I plan to ask Paul Leach to submit it
to the IESG as a standards track item at the same time we submit our
Distributed Authoring protocol document.  Although this draft is not an
official work item of the WebDAV working group, please feel free to comment
on this draft here (and to the draft's authors) if you feel there is some
issue regarding WebDAV's use of this technology.

This document is available at:

http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/webdav/uuid-guid/draft-leach-uuids-guids
-01.txt

It should also be available from the internet-drafts directory within 1-3
days.

- Jim