Removing External References

From: Ellis Cohen <ellis@crystaliz.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 15:13:26 -0500
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Based on conversations I've had with various members of the
working group, I'd like to propose that we remove external
references from the current document.

As far as I know, all of us who would like to see external
references in WebDav believe that they are most
useful if they are named and/or numbered.  The current
proposal, which includes external references which are
neither named nor numbered, seems like an unnecessary
and unsatisfactory compromise.

I have a proposal for named/numbered collections which I'll
post shortly, but I wouldn't want to see it slow down the
current WebDav document, so I'd be happy to have it proceed
separately.

  -- Ellis