RE: Some errors in spec-05

From: Jim Whitehead <ejw@ics.uci.edu>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 12:57:17 -0800
To: "'Marc Eaddy'" <meaddy@newscorp.com>
Cc: "'WEBDAV WG'" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
Mark,

Thank you for reading the specification, and for pointing out this status
code conflict.  We based the status codes on the rev-00 version of the HTTP
spec., and submitted our -05 specification before the rev-01 HTTP version
was submitted. But, since obviously the HTTP working group has first dibs
on the status code name space, we'll definitely have to change the status
codes in the -06 revision of the WebDAV specification.

Also, I noticed that the PEP draft, which is being recommended for
experimental, uses the 420 and 421 status codes, so we'll rewrite the draft
around these as well.

> 	Also, in Section 8.2.4, one of the status codes returned is "405
Conflict"
> although status code 405 is supposed to mean "Method Not Allowed".
> It should be changed to "409 Conflict" or "405 Method Not Allowed".

Yeah, this is a bug -- it should be 409 Conflict.

- Jim