RE: Protocol draft scehdule

Or to paraphrase, "what's up with versioning?"

I feel there is a 2-3 week window right now where, if a versioning proposal
was sent out to the list, and if this proposal then received sufficient
discussion in the next few months to cause convergence, it could
conceivably go out in the current protocol draft.  However, I felt this was
more likely not to happen than likely to happen, and hence I didn't put
versioning into the schedule.  In the event versioning does not appear in
the first protocol draft, it will then become a second draft, with a likely
completion date of next April.  The new requirement to have convergence
with the DRP effort also adds a new schedule risk for versioning within
WebDAV.

No matter when a new proposal on versioning is developed, it will have
dependencies on properties, collections, and locking, so work on these
aspects of draft-ietf-webdav-protocol-02 moves versioning closer to
completion.

- Jim