RE: Last call: range locking

From: Yaron Goland <yarong@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 10:51:52 -0800
To: "'Christopher Seiwald'" <seiwald@perforce.com>, "'ejw@ics.uci.edu'" <ejw@ics.uci.edu>, "'w3c-dist-auth@w3.org'" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
This is not the Versioning over HTTP group. This is the Distributed
Authoring AND Versioning over HTTP group. Distributed Authoring systems
have been using partial locks since their inception. Not only is new
ground not being broken, we are proposing not providing a feature that
has been universally provided in distributed/multi-user authoring
systems for decades.
		Yaron