Last call: range locking

From: Jim Whitehead <ejw@ics.uci.edu>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 15:31:30 -0800
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
In the past two weeks, there has been significant discussion on whether
range locking capability should be included in the WebDAV specification.

Discussion on this issue can be found in the mailing list archives,
available at:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/

Discussion on this issue has taken place in the following threads:

"Range locking"
"legacy clients"
"range locking not used in GroupWise"

In my opinion, there exists rough consensus that range locking capability
should be considered out of scope for consideration by this group, and
hence range locking capability will not appear in either our requirements
or specification documents.

If you disagree, please do so now, otherwise I will consider this issue closed.

- Jim