RE: Open Issues - Hierarchical Collections

From: Yaron Goland <yarong@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 18:17:50 -0800
To: "'Judith Slein'" <slein@wrc.xerox.com>
Cc: "'w3c-dist-auth@w3.org'" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
The solution is not to prevent locking of collections. There are
excellent scenarios for collection locking, for example, controlling
what is added to a directory. Rather there are certain types of
collections, such as histories, which should not be lockable. This will
be specified in their definition.
	Yaron