RE: Open Issues - Hierarchical Collections

From: Yaron Goland <yarong@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 20:47:16 -0800
To: "'w3c-dist-auth@w3.org'" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>, "'Jim Whitehead'" <ejw@ics.uci.edu>
I am currently working on the specification to allow for searching of
collection contents. Collections are sets and thus are unordered. If you
want compound documents collections are absolutely the wrong place to
go. As for multiple, simultaneous users of collections, what problem are
you concerned w/? It is up to the server to serialize commands.

		Yaron