Re: non-HTML resources in webdav spec

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 00:24:51 PST
To: gjw@wnetc.com
CC: kt@nttlabs.com, w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
# I like this idea. In fact, I've been experimenting with the idea of using
# multipart/related in another context to transfer database records. My only
# question is whether the experimental status of the RFC will pose a problem
# for us. If so, what do we need to do?

The MHTML group has pushed multipart/related into standards track,
since they needed it for mailing around HTML documents with the
included GIFs and JPEGs. There are new versions in the internet drafts
directories: