Open Document Management API Version 1.5

From: Charlie Brooks <cbrooks@osf.org>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 1996 16:02:04 -0500
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
All -

In rummaging around the Web attempting to cure my ignorance regarding
Document Management Systems, I stumbled across the AIIM site at
http://ww.aiim.org/, and located a document there entitled "Open Document
Management API 1.5" The URL for the home page is

I'm hoping that someone from this working group can answer the following

1) is this "standard" live? i.e., is the Document Management community
actually using this specification?

2) if the answer is yes, then I would suggest that it might be a useful
exercise to determine whether the extensions proposed in "Extensions for
Distributed Authoring and Versioning for World Wide Web" are sufficent to
implement the functionality expressed in this API.

Just a thought ...

Charlie Brooks                           The OpenGroup Research Institute
11 Cambridge Center, 4th Floor           Cambridge, MA 02142
(617) 621 8758                           (617) 225 2943 (FAX)
http://www.osf.org/~cbrooks              c.brooks@opengroup.org