Open Document Management API Version 1.5

From: Charlie Brooks <cbrooks@osf.org>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 1996 16:02:04 -0500
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
All -

In rummaging around the Web attempting to cure my ignorance regarding
Document Management Systems, I stumbled across the AIIM site at
http://ww.aiim.org/, and located a document there entitled "Open Document
Management API 1.5" The URL for the home page is

	http://www.aiim.org/odma/odma.htm

I'm hoping that someone from this working group can answer the following
questions:

1) is this "standard" live? i.e., is the Document Management community
actually using this specification?

2) if the answer is yes, then I would suggest that it might be a useful
exercise to determine whether the extensions proposed in "Extensions for
Distributed Authoring and Versioning for World Wide Web" are sufficent to
implement the functionality expressed in this API.

Just a thought ...

Charlie

Charlie Brooks                           The OpenGroup Research Institute
11 Cambridge Center, 4th Floor           Cambridge, MA 02142
(617) 621 8758                           (617) 225 2943 (FAX)
http://www.osf.org/~cbrooks              c.brooks@opengroup.org