Re: Request for Comment

From: Daniel W. Connolly <connolly@beach.w3.org>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 1996 13:42:41 -0400
To: Judith Slein <slein@wrc.xerox.com>
cc: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
In message <2.2.32.19961108161544.00353c5c@pop-server.wrc.xerox.com>, Judith Sl
ein writes:

>Just to give a sense of what it's like to reference an object in a DMS,
>here's what DMA has proposed as a URL syntax for identifying objects in
>DMA-compliant repositories:

I'll trust you on the details, but this is exactly the sort of thing I
had hoped the DMA community would do with URLs. It seems like a very
natural use of the extensibility in URLs.

Dan

p.s. I keep a list of URL schemes at:

	http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/Addressing/schemes

That document also points to some notes on URLs from the IETF
applications area (where the URI WG lived). He and I like to be
notified of new URL schemes.

Dan