Re: POST vs. separate methods

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 1996 22:49:27 PST
To: yarong@microsoft.com
CC: fielding@liege.ics.uci.edu, w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Yaron,

# I have discussed this off line with Roy and frankly I think this is a
# religious issue. Roy and I have fundamentally different visions of what
# HTTP should become.

I think your characterization of this as a 'religious' issue is
insulting, and the idea that a discussion at the November conference
might resolve something about the future of HTTP is presumptuous.

I've yet to see anything here that constitutes a 'religious'
argument. I've tried to raise in a constructive manner the concerns
about representations of metadata and document attributes in network
protocols and in HTTP that I've seen, and raised the points in a
way that I'd hoped was constructive.

Are you just frustrated by the considerations we've raised?

Who is Del Jensen, and why should we hand over the editing of the
draft to him/her?

Regards,

Larry