Re: The Search Wimp out

Yaron Goland wrote:

> I just looked into the rathole that is search. It is so deep that I got
> sick just peeking at it.

Sounds familiar. In the DMA effort, we've defined a set of Microsoft COM
objects that express a query model that we think is pretty consistent
with
the thinking in the SQL III, ODMG OQL world.

It's been a pretty sizable undertaking, and we don't have complete
agreement
within the group that our approach is the right one. I think you're wise
avoid jumping down into this particular rathole, at least for this round
of design.

George Florentine	Interleaf, Inc.
georgef@interleaf.com	4999 Pearl East Circle, Suite 100
303.449.5032 x149	Boulder, Co. 80301