RDM spec...

From: Robert S. Thau <rst@ai.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 18:20:47 -0400
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

At the meeting today, I was asked to forward a pointer to the spec for
Netscape's RDM stuff (the resource description setup implemented by
their enterprise and catalog servers --- I *believe* this applies to
the currently shipping versions).  It's available as a (draft?) W3C
note at

  http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/TR/NOTE-rdm.html

FWIW, this was discussed at a W3C workshop on distributed indexing and
search, whose proceedings may well contain other items of general
interest to the group --- check out

  http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/Search/9605-Indexing-Workshop/

if interested --- NB there's probably some overlap between the topics
discussed here, and the export of general search functionality by
document repositories...

rst