Re: Seiwald Q & A -- "GET for EDIT" cookies

From: Bruce Brown <Bruce@sb.aol.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 14:29:55 -0400
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org, www-vers-wg@ics.uci.edu
Well, while we're on the subject of GET for EDIT, I'd like to throw some
addition confusion into the mix...

Often times I am reviewing some source prior to changing. I don't check it
out until I'm ready to 'do my thing'. Instead, I get a copy of the code.
What I do want is to be notified if the code changes. So, I need to register
with the SCS my Email address and the code I'm interested in. I then need a
way of 'breaking' that registration.

Another use of this is to monitor when source gets modified because it may
trigger me to do something (like look at it, or update a milestone in my
project plan). In a way, this is part of workflow.

Does this type of asynchronous notification of change make sense or am I way
out in left field with this.

Bruce Brown
America Online/Santa Barbara

511 Bath St.