Re: URI scheme best practices

Hello Bob,

Mykyta is correct that the IRI WG is now working on an update for 4395.
I'm copying that mailing list and suggest that we move discussion there.

Registering company/application/operation-specific URIs is definitely
not current practice, but using them is quite a bit in practice on
mobile Apple systems.

One thing I think you can do is to submit a registration and see how it
goes. If we have lots of such registration requests, that may finally
get Apple to rethink things and find a better way to start applications.

Of course, I hope you also complain loudly to Apple. On this issue, they
definitely deserve it.

Regards,    Martin.