data URIs - filename and content-disposition

From: Michael A. Puls II <shadow2531@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 02:04:32 -0500
To: uri@w3.org
I have a web page that's meant to run locally via file:. It uses XHR to
load a vcard file. I then scan the file and convert it to a different text
file format.

I want to provide a save link for the new file format, so I decided to use
a data URI. But, I want clicking on the data URI link to show an open/save

I was able to do this by using <a

However, there are 2 problems.

1. There doesn't seem to be a way to give a filename hint.

2. I'd rather not use the octetstream mime type just to trigger a save

With that said, I think it'd be awesome if you could do something like:

Setting aside the File API work, what about specifying those two in an
update to the data URI RFC? Any vendors against implementing support for