Re: URI for abstract concepts (domain, host, origin, site, etc.)

From: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 23:03:37 -0400
To: Eran Hammer-Lahav <eran@hueniverse.com>
Cc: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>, "apps-discuss@ietf.org" <apps-discuss@ietf.org>, "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>, URI <uri@w3.org>
Eran Hammer-Lahav scripsit:

> Not sure how this is going to help. You still end up with an HTTP URI
> with no clear semantic meaning other than an HTTP resource.

What do you mean by "end up with"?  A data URI is not an HTTP URI.
<http://www.ccil.org> refefers to the home page of ccil.org;
<data:application/uri,http://www.ccil.org> refers to the URI
<http://www.ccil.org>.  They are two different URIs with two different
referents.

--
John Cowan              http://www.ccil.org/~cowan      cowan@ccil.org
"After all, would you consider a man without honor wealthy, even if his