Status of URI Templates?

From: Mike Schinkel <mikeschinkel@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 21:13:11 -0400
To: "'URI'" <uri@w3.org>

Hi All:

As you have seen I'm trying to get URI Templates to be usable in HTML5 forms
as a template attribute in place of action attributes.  I posted about it
here back in Jan 2007:
http://blog.whatwg.org/proposing-uri-templates-for-webforms-20

But in order for it to be included I'm sure URI Templates will need to be
finalized.

Where are we with URI Templates and would any of those of you who are
interested in URI Templates like to see if be used in HTML5 forms?

Thanks in advance.

-Mike Schinkel
http://mikeschinkel.com