Re: Error handling in URIs

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 10:54:06 +0200
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
CC: uri@w3.org

Ian Hickson wrote:
>>> Regular links are the only thing I'm concerned about at the moment.
>> Regular links are not a problem at all for pages that use valid URIs in
>> the first place...
>
> Indeed. However, valid pages aren't the only pages that we want
> interoperability for.

True.

But it seems to me it's much more important to come up with a
interoperability for *valid* pages than invalid ones. So documenting the
current mess with respect to handling IRIs may be useful for browser
implementors, but fixing the issue in a sane way would be much more
useful for everybody else (yes, not in the short-term future).

BR, Julian