Re: URI Template Status?

The next step is to iterate through a few versions of the I-D then see
if there is enough interest/consensus in pursuing either a Standards
Track or Experimental RFC. For Standards Track, we need at least two
demonstratably interoperable implementations and an obvious consensus
that what we're putting forward for standardization is technically
complete with no significant issues.  Given that this is an individual
submission (i.e. it's not the product of a working group) then the
process for moving forward through the process is rather informal and
moves along at whatever pace the authors want to move it along.

- James