URNs for personal documents?

From: Felix E. Klee <felix.klee@inka.de>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 13:53:09 +0100
To: uri@w3.org

I'd like to assign URNs to some of my personal documents, for easy cross
referencing and for learning about the URN system.

Some questions:

* Is there are Namespace Identifier to be used for that purpose (e.g.
  "personal_document")?

* How do I make sure that the Namespace Specific Strings are unique?  By
  choosing random personalized strings similar to Message IDs in emails?

* What database should I use to map URNs to actual document locations on
  my hard disk?

* Is there some recommended way to tag a text document with a URN? (I
  guess not)

Note that, of course, I could just go ahead, add tags to my documents
whose structure I made up, use a simple text based database to map
these tags to documents, and write a little script that tells me the
location of a file given a tag.  However, I'd like to know how to do it
the "URN way".
--
Felix E. Klee