RE: submission of "draft-wilde-sms-uri-registration-00", "draft-wilde-sms-uri-12", and "draft-wilde-sms-service-12"

I think the idea with "?body=" is to be compatible with mailto.

There's a problem with using full 'gstn-phone' from 3601
in the 'sms-recipients' field, because if you trace
back in the RFC 3601 BNF, if you trace through the
BNF, the character # is allowed in DTMF,
which is allowed in phone-string, which is
allowed in local-phone, etc.
allows '#' in DTMF, and DTMF is part of 'phone-string'
which is allowed in 'dial-number', etc.

Maybe you would be better of sticking to RFC 2806
("URLs for telephone calls") syntax and using
'telephone-subscriber'.

The security considerations are confusing, since
sms-service document contains warnings about SMS URIs.
Maybe either combining the drafts? Or combining the
security considerations together?

There's a word order problem in the security considerations
of -sms-service-, the last sentence says
'user agents MAY users make aware of that risk'.
I'm not sure MAY is appropriate here.

Back in the sms-uri document, the wording of
"if an sms URI contains a pid-qualifier and the user agent
supports the qualifier and its value, then the user agent MUST ..."

since the MUST is preconditioned by a situation entirely
within the user agent's control.

You might want to review RFC 3552 (BCP 72) on "Guidelines for
Writing RFC Text on Security Considerations"; it would
help if you were clearer about the identification of threat,
the threat mitigation methods recommended ('never send
SMS without user's confirmation') and the residual risk
remaining after threat mitigation has been deployed.

There is no need to have a separate 'registration request'
Internet Draft; I'm surprised your reading of RFC 4395
made you think there was. I would just include the registration
template.

In fact, I would prefer it if you would combined
the three documents into one: description of service,
syntax of URI, and registration template.

Larry