Re: http-urls style, trailing slash and webdav

Hi!

Wouldn't know if XHTML says something about this.

But the HTTP 1.1.RFC 2116 says about get-requests:

Note that the absolute path cannot be empty; if none is present in the original URI, it MUST be given as "/" (the server root).

So while http://www.w3.org and http://www.w3.org/ are different URLs it
seems that you cannot dereference the first one - or maybe you're
supposed to put the complete URL into the get-request (GET
http://www.w3.org HTTP/1.1), not sure. I haven't seen any browser doing
this...

reto