RE: http-urls style, trailing slash and webdav

http://www.w3.org and http://www.w3.org/ are two different URIs
that identify the same resource. They identify the same resource
because the two different URIs specify the same effective procedure
for connecting to the resource (whether via GET, POST, or some
other HTTP method).

The URIs http://www.W3.org and http://WWW.w3.OrG also
identify the same resource.

While these refer to the same resource, there is no normative
canonical form, and XHTML (strict or not) has no requirement
for URI canonicalization.