MSRP Scheme vs. MSRP Initialism

From: Mike Schinkel <mikeschinkel@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 06:17:56 -0500
To: <uri-review@ietf.org>, <uri@w3.org>

Hi all:

I'm relatively new to participating in these discussions, but I just wanted
to make a comment on the choice of "msrp" initials for a scheme that may be
considered a little tangential.  I ran an ecommerce retailer for 12 years,
and every time I see "msrp" I think of "Manufacturer's Suggested Retail
Price."  And it appears that many (most?) other people do too [1].

I don't expect my comment to cause you to change the initialism given the
prior work you've put into it, but I did want to make the point that it will
cause confusion and also make it harder for people to find information about
the msrp scheme via todays search engine technology.

-Mike Schinkel

[1] http://www.google.com/search?q=msrp