MSRP Scheme vs. MSRP Initialism

From: Mike Schinkel <mikeschinkel@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 06:17:56 -0500
To: <uri-review@ietf.org>, <uri@w3.org>

Hi all:

I'm relatively new to participating in these discussions, but I just wanted
to make a comment on the choice of "msrp" initials for a scheme that may be
considered a little tangential.  I ran an ecommerce retailer for 12 years,
and every time I see "msrp" I think of "Manufacturer's Suggested Retail
Price."  And it appears that many (most?) other people do too [1].

I don't expect my comment to cause you to change the initialism given the
prior work you've put into it, but I did want to make the point that it will
cause confusion and also make it harder for people to find information about
the msrp scheme via todays search engine technology.

FWIW.

--
-Mike Schinkel
http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blogs/